I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Yoani Sanchez, Cuba's popular blogger, has been beaten up for describing life

Yoani Sanchez, Cuba's popular blogger, has been beaten up for describing life - Telegraph: "'I was on my way to a peaceful protest against violence with a few friends when it happened,' explained the 34-year-old mother, in a rare telephone interview with The Sunday Telegraph from her cramped apartment in Havana's Nuevo Vedado district. 'A black car pulled up. The three men inside called out my name and told me to get in.'

When she refused, she said, the men bundled her into the car and started punching her. 'They were saying, 'It's all over, Yoani.' I really thought they were going to kill me.'"

Blog Archive