Charles Krauthammer on the media coverage of the Fort Hood shooting - washingtonpost.com: "What does such violence have to do with Hasan? He was not a returning soldier. And the soldiers who returned home and shot their wives or fellow soldiers didn't cry 'Allahu Akbar' as they squeezed the trigger.
The delicacy about the religion in question -- condescending, politically correct and deadly -- is nothing new. A week after the first (1993) World Trade Center attack, the same New York Times ran the following front-page headline about the arrest of one Mohammed Salameh: 'Jersey City Man Is Charged in Bombing of Trade Center.'
Ah yes, those Jersey men -- so resentful of New York, so prone to violence."
I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.
Friday, November 13, 2009
- Little Green Footballs - Why I Parted Ways With Th...
- Hipster girls of Austin - m4w
- Yoani Sanchez, Cuba's popular blogger, has been be...
- Otter Choas
- Concrete Canvas
- Climategate: The Skeptical Scientist’s View
- Hollywood vs. New York
- More Money, More Fishing
- We need to return to skepticism being a positive i...
- The Sound Of All Hell Breaking Loose: "Beware The ...
- Richard Feynman: the pleasure of finding things ou...
- enumeration sensation
- From Climategate to Copenhagen
- 11 Ways Geeks Measure the World
- "It's like twitter. Except we charge people to use...
- The Militarization of Sex
- Why 'climategate' won't stop greens
- Slashdot Comments | Climatic Research Unit Hacked,...
- What If Earth Had Rings? | Universe Today
- Why did Dion's wife help Harper? - thestar.com
- Djokovic edges past Davydenko
- Wanted: green engineers | The Economist
- Global WarmingGate: What Does It Mean?
- The lessons of "Climategate"
- Science: Introducing the transparent ocean
- The Death Blow to Climate Science
- 10 Foods That (Thankfully) Flopped
- Mussolini's 'brain and blood for sale on internet'...
- Freakin' Fundamentalists: Stonings here, lashings ...
- 5 Things to Be Thankful For This Year
- Cellphone clown study
- Bobby McFerrin Makes a Keyboard…Out of People
- Gibson CEO Takes Leave Of Absence From Rainforest ...
- Revenge of the Climate Laymen
- India as #1
- Municipal Wi-Fi: Metro-net
- Return To Moral High Ground Postponed Indefinately...
- Nick Tosches on Opium Dens
- China's currency: A yuan-sided argument
- Solar plant to store energy in molten salt
- Findings - A Case in Antiquities for ‘Finders Keep...
- I Love xkcd
- The Michelin guide and its undercover inspectors
- Inventing a Better Patent System
- Pinker on "What the Dog Saw."
- Roundtable Discussion: The Role Of The Record Labe...
- Two standards of policing failed the residents of ...
- With Geoengineering Outlawed, Will Only Outlaws Ha...
- Take me back to Constantinople, by Edward Luttwak
- French and Irish fall out over ‘box’ incident
- Satan, the great motivator
- Drexel Shaft Demolished, In Beautiful Slo-Mo
- Invisible Man
- Questions that are rarely asked: the Wikipedia par...
- Obama’s swelling ego
- Cadillac Hearse - 4X4 Lifted
- Interview with Umberto Eco: 'We Like Lists Because...
- Canadians cry foul as Buy American policy hits hom...
- Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China
- Book Review - 'What the Dog Saw - And Other Advent...
- Charles Krauthammer on the media coverage of the F...
- 5 Times MC Hammer Changed History
- 5 Self-Destructive Ways People Accidentally Cured ...
- 7 Things "Good Parents" Do (That Screw Kids Up for...
- Spies and Racism at Ikea?: Former Executive Writes...
- 2000s (decade)
- 5 (Happy Little) Things You Didn’t Know About Bob ...
- Still a 'whistle-blower' to oil sands activists
- 9/11 suspects to be tried in New York
- NASA Ames Scientist Develops Cell Phone Chemical S...
- Father Raymond J. de Souza: The Fort Hood double s...
- It's hockey first, immigrants told
- Unambiguously Ambidextrous
- Scientists say curry compound kills cancer cells
- Extinction Countdown: Tuna fishing kills an albatr...
- Planet Slum
- An Ethical Question: Does a Nazi Deserve a Place ...
- Draw the sketch of your accident online
- Stasi Files Revisited: The Banalities and Betrayal...
- The Afro-Latinosaurus Rex - Strange Maps
- Grizzly Bear - Ready, Able [Official Music Video]
- Germany's Healing Scar: A Photographer's Hike Alon...
- Helping the Terrorists
- The 100 Best Films of the Decade
- CRITERION’S LITTLE FUCK-UPS
- BC Arts Hang from a Political Noose
- Kraft's bid for Cadbury: Unsweetened
- Berlin memories
- Russian Math, the Poincare Conjecture and Perelman...
- Real vs Placebo Coffee
- Crucifix out, warming in
- Kadykchan. The City of Broken Dreams
- Officials Begin Putting Shooting Pieces Together
- Women, Children and Goldman Sachs Bankers First
- The Lost Art of the Mixtape
- What's the best way to take a study break?
- xkcd: the exclusive interview
- The Scientist : Promises, Promises
- Secret copyright treaty leaks. It's bad. Very bad....
- Where The Dirty Hipsters are
- ▼ November (112)