Patrick Moore is a hero. He created Greenpeace and then left when took up extremism. Go here to listen to his interview with Penn Jillette in Las Vegas.
Being anti-nuclear energy when he should have been only anti nuclear testing.
Green on the outside but pink through and through. Essentially his problem with Greenpeace is that they became a front for anticapitalists. Communists who lost the first war.
What happens when you're a radical who was correct:
By the time the Nuclear test bans were signed in the late 70s, most people agreed with Greenpeace. This made the movement slide to communism and Hollywood populism.
I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.
- ► 2009 (565)
- On Wars Destined for Failure
- On Political Supporters
- On Mathematics:
- On Patrick Moore
- On Flea Markets
- On Convictions
- On Soothsaying and the “News”:
- On Paul Martin: "I regret knowing him as a person....
- The Killer Whales are Invading!!!!!
- Insert Obligatory Cheney Joke Here
- Kate VS the CP
- ALARMING HEADLINE!!!
- End of Days
- Andrew Coyne-> I love you
- Breaking the Speed Barrier
- Erik's Waterfall II
- My Cottage
- Shadenfreuden - Shameful Joy
- Monkey in the Backyard
- Cisco, Apple, Cult of the Environment and Ramen No...
- ▼ January (20)