I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
The case against the hockey stick - Prospect Magazine: "Andrew Montford’s The Hockey Stick Illusion is one of the best science books in years. It exposes in delicious detail, datum by datum, how a great scientific mistake of immense political weight was perpetrated, defended and camouflaged by a scientific establishment that should now be red with shame. It is a book about principal components, data mining and confidence intervals—subjects that have never before been made thrilling. It is the biography of a graph."
- Marginal Revolution: Equality Shoes
- Renewable energy: Illinois moves to add tire burni...
- Africa's Cyber WMD
- Some Truckee Residents Not Cool With Penis Snow Sc...
- S. Weasel
- The case against the hockey stick
- Theodore H. Frank: I am not afraid of my Toyota Pr...
- American lawmakers look to pull out of NAFTA
- Mirror, Mirror
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- U.S. Economy Grinds To Halt As Nation Realizes Mon...
- Waiting to hear 'we're sorry'
- OK Go, "This Too Shall Pass"
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2009 (565)