I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Fooling Yourself � Cheap Talk: "I once tried setting my watch ahead a few minutes to help me make it to appointments on time. At first it worked, but not because I was fooled. I would glance at the watch, get worried that I was late, then remember that the watch is fast. But that brief flash acted as a sort of preview of how it feels to be late. And the feeling is a better motivator than the thought in the abstract."
- Osama bin Laden enters global warming debate
- California: Not Dysfunctional Enough!
- J. D. Salinger, Enigmatic Author of ‘The Catcher i...
- The “FDIC lotto” reason banks aren’t lending
- Public's Priorities for 2010: Economy, Jobs, Terro...
- Paying Zero for Public Services
- Does the United States own any pandas or are they ...
- Fooling Yourself
- Not From The Onion
- The economics of child soldiering
- There's no reason for Rod Stewart's Soulbook to be...
- The psychology of power: Absolutely
- Popeye Admits To Spinach Use
- Biblical citations found on Forces’ gunsights
- Covering Haiti: When the Media Is the Disaster
- Improving Access to Research -- Courant et al. 327...
- A Canadian misunderstanding: Just history
- Who will lead Haiti's security?
- Billy Corgan, Jessica Simpson split
- France alarmed over anthrax-tainted heroin in Euro...
- Color Me A Dinosaur
- FloDesign high efficiency Wind Turbine based on Je...
- Beyond boundaries
- Moscow’s stray dogs
- Auto-appendectomy in the Antarctic: case report --...
- The Joe Kennedy Irony
- The Ghosts of Port-au-Prince
- Under the Jungle
- Zakaria: Don't Overreact to Terrorism
- Bloggers Left and Right Agree to Hate Health Care ...
- R.O.I. on Cancer Spending: Better Than We Think?
- The Science of Success | David Dobbs
- Dementia surge to cost $153B by 2038: report
- The Greatest Story Rarely Told - Check out the com...
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2009 (565)