One gay man, two lesbians, a three-legged cat and a poisoned curry plot | Mail Online: "A gay man tried to poison his lesbian neighbours by putting slug pellets into their curry after he was accused of kidnapping their three-legged cat.
Gary Stewart, 37, had been at loggerheads with Marie Walton and Beverley Sales for months.
But things looked brighter when he made a peace offering of some curry, claiming he had ordered too much from the Indian takeaway."
I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
- Researchers ask how best to engineer the planet
- Why are we going Tory?
- colinmarshall: Los Angeles, America, the ...
- Raiding the Icebox
- Banner ads on flies
- Soros Launches Effort to Battle Free-Market Zeal
- Match Point: How to Reach Rural Markets
- Stockholm's bunnies burned to keep Swedes warm - T...
- KFC 'colonel' dupes UN security
- Quotes Uncovered: Death and Statistics
- The Death of the Teapot Effect
- What I've learned from debating religious people a...
- Norman Rockwell: The Original King of the Photosho...
- PRUDEN: Something really scary for Obama's Democra...
- Canadians lack a political alternative
- Could a Land Tax Support the Operations of Governm...
- Terry Teachout on the Mystery of Music
- How to flip a coin
- The Many Faces of George Washington
- Zakaria on a Third Surge in Afghanistan
- Larry Magid’s 1984 LA Times review of 128K Mac
- Moscow Mayor Promises a Winter Without Snow - TIME...
- Police probes, Mafia allegations in the 'Palermo' ...
- Understanding E = mc2
- California's water wars: Of farms, folks and fish
- Democracy in Africa: A good example
- "Russians Looked Only for the Agenda"
- Save the planet: eat a dog?
- Three Tweets for the Web
- An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping...
- Rights Watchdog, Lost in the Mideast
- Are Solar Panels Really Black? And What Does That ...
- Robert Full: How engineers learn from evolution
- If the Grass Looks Greener, It’s Important to Unde...
- Green jobs
- The Wal-Mart Effect
- China: The Recession's Real Winner
- How Will Great Recession Shape Youth?
- Klaus Is Right
- John Demjanjuk: The Last Nazi
- A world redrawn: When America showed up on a map, ...
- small dead animals: Lowering The Bar
- Vancouver teachers' bid to link Olympics to Holoca...
- Humor Under Communism: East German Jokes Collected...
- Resist 2010 Launch "Brainwash the Youth of Vancouv...
- The 4WD with seats made of whale penis
- I leave it in your capable hands
- Emotions and investing: Gutted instinct
- Energy and climate change: Questioning the invisib...
- Curbing Climate Change While Capturing Lost Methan...
- Robert Stacy McCain and the Fall of the Conservati...
- Driving Off Another Mortgage Cliff
- Have we learned anything?
- The French Get Lost in the Clouds Over a New Term ...
- Is Obama a Brute or a Pushover?
- A Theory of Socialism and Capitalism
- It Ain't Gonna Work Anyway
- Optimus Prime Costume
- Recruited by MI5: the name's Mussolini. Benito Mus...
- Dow Jones Tops 10,000 in 1999
- 100 years of Big Content fearing technology—in its...
- Vivian Maier - Her Discovered Work
- Like Humans, Monkeys Fall Into The 'Uncanny Valley...
- The Unknown War
- Football, dog fighting, and brain damage
- The Collider, the Particle and a Theory About Fate...
- The Lost Prestige of Nuclear Physics
- They need a hero
- 11 Offbeat College Essay Topics
- Tire Trade Tirade
- A well-deserved Nobel Prize
- Why Roman Polanski belongs in prison
- Audio Analysis of the Beatles Multitrack Masters
- Olympic fakes? Why are we so surprised ...
- Scientists baffled by whale attacks on porpoises
- Zakaria: More Troops Won't Solve Afghanistan
- Can a Nobel Peace Prize make peace harder to achie...
- “Every Sizzler restaurant in America?!”
- Visual analgesia: Seeing the body reduces pain
- So Your Cat Wants A Massage?
- One gay man, two lesbians, a three-legged cat and ...
- Brazil and the Olympics: Rio's expensive new rings...
- Chicago's Olympic bid: The limits of razzle-dazzle...
- Canada’s unlikeliest rock star
- One colossal waste
- Marginal Revolution: The Nobel Puzzle
- Another Problem Money Won't Solve
- Greg Mankiw's Blog: A 70-percent Marginal Tax Rate...
- Infrastructure for the Future We Want
- The criticism that Ralph Lauren doesn't want you t...
- Pre-War Bonds May Cripple Leipzig Budget
- What Happened to Argentina?
- Chart of the Day
- What is the Vatican, exactly?
- These Foolish Things
- Canada’s biggest problem? America
- Europe's Lactose Intolerance
- ▼ October (116)