I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hey, I hired a security guard

Hey, I hired a security guard to make sure I don't steal from you (ColbyCosh.com): "Excuse me, Clark Hoyt, but are you literally, physically dickless? If reporters don't need close scrutiny to ensure their personal interests don't influence their 'expertise', then what the hell do we need a 'public editor' for at all? The premise of your job is that conflicts of interests cause harm and ought to be avoided! Readers don't need a 'public editor' to tell them they shouldn't question David Pogue's integrity because he's a nice, talented, funny guy! That's the side of the argument opposite the one you are supposed to be representing!"

Blog Archive