I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Why do so many terrorists have engineering degrees? - By Benjamin Popper - Slate Magazine: "Engineering is not a profession most people associate with religion. The concrete trade of buildings and bridges seems grounded in the secular principles of science. But the failed attack this Christmas by mechanical engineer Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was a reminder that the combination has a long history of producing violent radicals."
- Why do so many terrorists have engineering degrees...
- Is Food the New Sex?
- EPA Regulations Cause Drought in California
- What % Of 7-Footers Play Basketball?
- Why are modern scientists so dull?
- The "blueprints" of Monsieur Eiffel
- EDITORIAL: Biased reporting on Climategate
- John Mackey and Whole Foods
- Awkward Timing for a Book by Woods
- The Canucks in Canuckville
- Conservatism Is Dead
- American's Crazed Corn Habit
- B.C. only province with rising greenhouse gases
- U.S. cap and trade looks out of reach in 2010
- Questions over business deals of UN climate change...
- The Worst-Run Big City in the U.S.
- Green shoppers more likely to cheat
- “We Don’t Know” is better than “Global Warming” “G...
- For your information…
- Observations: Draft text of new "Copenhagen Accord...
- Orchestra says no to being mimed at Games
- Michael E. Mann - E-mail furor doesn't alter evide...
- When the mobs rule
- A page out of Harper’s playbook
- Pressure drop causing wind turbine bat deaths, say...
- Geologist stands trial for triggering earthquakes ...
- Gwynne Dyer: Tony Blair, the young war criminal
- The Other Nobel Controversy
- A sick Liberal Party, and the people who protect i...
- Climategate: the ailing 'mainstream' media are com...
- Beyond debate?
- December 10th | Flight of the Conchords
- Canada's Nisga'a: Home-owning nation
- Innovation: The military-consumer complex
- Sniping and Squatting
- Take This Paradigm and Shove It
- Editorial: Losing the right to be Right
- Asking For Orange Juice On American Airlines May V...
- 'Small wind' market to double by 2013, study says ...
- Cadman will break Tory ranks, vote against HST
- Primate study halted by US university
- Extinction Countdown: Indonesia's Palm oil economy...
- Diplomacy That Will Live in Infamy
- Kyoto accord was dumb 12 years ago -- and it's dum...
- Myanmar Motion Picture Academy Awards
- Good Samaritan stabbed repeatedly
- The enduring influence of architect Christopher Al...
- My real name is David Jones
- Universal or selective human rights?
- The Bottle Genie
- Nick Carr: The Secret Bowling Alley
- Susan Boyle sets US chart record
- Critic of ‘Climate Oligarchy’ Defends Case for CO2...
- The Ascent, and Fall, of Dubai
- Let's go to the pub.
- Nullius in Verba
- ▼ December (56)