I keep a weblog like it's still the 90s. For commentary and dissent please visit jontaylor.ca, or various other purveyors of thought online.

Monday, October 9, 2006

Artist: God


As an agnostic I look for what could be god in nature. In this case I was in Algonquin Park for Thanksgiving. I woke up early during a thick mist and made my way to the boathouse. I stole one of the cedar strip canoes that seemed as old as the cottage itself. As I paddled through the mist it split and I saw the sun peak out between the pine and birch trees of Cache Lake.

I find it funny that photographers call themselves artists, some may be, but most are just interpreting someone elses work.


During that same weekend we hiked to Skymont. Most people walk from the Track and Tower Trail. We climbed to the lookout and on the way we saw this waterfall. This was a great Thanksgiving. I will remember to thank the artist.